Georgia Requirements to Manitain a License
- License expires after four years on the last day of the month of the birthday of the individual licensee.
- In the case of a firm licensed as a broker on the last day of the month of the fourth anniversary of its original licensure.
Required Education During Renewal Period:
- Thirty-six (36) instructional hours of continuing education courses.
- At least three (3) hours of continuing education on the topic of license law. These count toward the 36 hours above.
- Unless renewal fees are paid, all licenses issued under this Rule will lapse.
- Any licensee whose license lapses due to nonpayment of fees or failure to satisfactorily complete any of the education requirements shall be prohibited from engaging in real estate brokerage activities.
- Any licensee who fails to pay a renewal fee and allows an active license to lapse may reinstate that license to active status within two years of the date of lapsing by paying the fees cited in Rule 520-1-.04(1), provided the licensee has satisfactorily completed the continuing education requirements which would have been required if such licensee had been on active status.
- Any licensee who allows either an active or inactive license to lapse for a period longer than two years and less than five years from the date of lapsing may reinstate that license to active status by paying the fees cited in Rule 520-1-.04(1) and by satisfactorily completing the appropriate Pre-License course. Alternatively, by retaking and passing the appropriate qualifying examination for that license including the national portion of the examination.
- Any licensee whose license has lapsed a period of time longer than five years from the date of lapsing due to a failure to pay required fees and who desires to re-qualify for a license must do so as an original applicant.
- Any active licensee whose license lapses for not completing any continuing education required for renewal of a license shall automatically upon paying a renewal fee become an inactive licensee and subject to the rules which govern an inactive license.
Rule 520-1-.05. Maintaining a License